Re: [OM] FEAR of Cleaning - What's the solution?

Subject: Re: [OM] FEAR of Cleaning - What's the solution?
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 02:38:24 EDT
<< Hi Winsor,
 Canned air has become a staple but do you think the microfiber cloth is
 up to the task when there are oil based deposits?  Also, wouldn't you
 recommend some kind of liquid to loosen things up rather than grind them
 in?
 -Bob >>
My glasses are antireflection coated (if its good enough for camera lens, it's
good enough for my glasses) and have that green reflection we see in
multicoated lens.  The thinnest film of grease will form an obscuring smear on
the glasses.  The best thing to clean my plastic glasses is either dishwashing
soap in hot water followed by a distilled water rinse or the microfiber
cloths. These are the only things that work easily. Every few weeks I have to
wash the cloths with hot soapy water to rid of the oils.  My favorite is
called "Mikros" which is a flannel-like microfiber cloth.

Warren Kato