Re: [OM] 200mm f3.5 MACRO

Subject: Re: [OM] 200mm f3.5 MACRO
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 12:31:46 EDT
In a message dated 6/21/98 6:00:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
 valicors@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi Dan.
I can highly recommend John Shaw's book and tape on "Close-up in Nature"
BW

<< Hi folks,
     I have seen that it would  be a good idea to develop a new Zuiko
 MACRO lens. I  have  a  Sun  MACRO Telephoto 1:3.5 200mm. I think is
 truly superb. My father bought it 24 years ago to use it with an OM1
 now I use it with my  OM4Ti and is  outstanding, very  bright at the
 viewfinder and  I have  taken  some  slides  since I bought my OM4Ti
 with 2-13 focusing screen (very easy focusing). I  don´t  understand
 very much according to macro photography but I think 1/4,  1/5,  1/6
 and 1/8 must be life reproductions depending on the distance to sub-
 ject, don´t you? I would be very pleased if somebody could  help  me
 to test this lens,or to find some information about this third party
 developer for Olympus.What is the difference between a Zuiko 90mm/f2
 MACRO and 200mm/f3.5 (in my case)?
 -Working distance?
 -Depth of field?
 -More accurate true-to-life perspective?
 Please, if somebody could help me; beacause I was planning to buy a
 Zuiko 90mm/f2 but???
 Best regards
 Dave >>