Re: [OM] Zuiko 250mm f2

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 250mm f2
From: Marko Vrabec <marko.vrabec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 22:26:18 +0200
Winsor wrote:

>>This post got me thinking about that 180/2 beastie. It is much more
>>manageable in the terms of bulk and price...almost an carry-around
>>lens...-snip
>Marko, you are a better man than I am. Don't think I could quite manage
the
>regular carrying of a 2kg lens.

Well, I am 190cm/95kg, but...

Maybe not for regular carrying, still, 180/2 is not much heavier or
bigger than 300/4.5 (presuming every serious member of this list knows
the technical details of each and every Zuiko from his/her head, I don't
need to write down their weight :-)
And with converters, you have a top-class 180/2, a good 250/2.8 plus
(supposedly) not so bad 360/4. Worth carrying extra 880g, at least in
the situations one would bother to take the 300/4.5 with.

Even the great combo 500/5.6 could be good for flat sunset shoots... I
have no ambitions in wildlife photography; photographing fishes in my
aquarium has taught me where the limit between fun and hard work is...

Alas, it is more or less a dream at the moment. Unless our friend Garry
R., the renowned OM equipment broker, can dig a good offer :-).

Best regards, Marko