Re: [OM] Ideal OM-1 Reissue? (was OM-5)

Subject: Re: [OM] Ideal OM-1 Reissue? (was OM-5)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 18:26:30 -0500 (CDT)

>> Olympus could also issue a commemorative version of the OM-1 with a
>chrome  body at a reasonably high price for snob appeal.
>>
>> Any comments?
>Chrome looks cool, especialy on the OM-1, OM-2. Sadly Olympus never
>produced a real "chrome" version of the OM-4Ti, with all the fittings in
>chrome instead of black (exept plastic parts).
>Never understand why I should pay more for an inverior black coating
>compared to the longer lasting chrome, but I have to admit, that cameras
>in black look smaller.>>>>
>
>What would REALLY look cool is a real titanium body. Seen a Leica M6 in
>titanium? Looks great...
>

>Regards,
>

>Denton Taylor

For all the daunted Leica quality, the titanium on the M6 is only
electroplate a few molecules thick, while the Oly has a solid forged
titanium top and bottom plate. In this case Leica went for fluff and
appearance while the Olympus went for function and engineering.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx