Re: [OM] Olympus Petition

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Petition
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 22:44:39 +0000
They may not recommend it but in the handbook for the 4Ti they at
least have a chart of the mag ratios you would get with the 90mm f2 +
65-116 auto tube... 0.72x - 1.72x.

For that matter the chart does not 'recommend' the use of the auto
tube with the 50mm f2/3.5 either.  Using any of these lenses with the
Atube is classed as the 'composite' method wheras using the Atube and
the macro lenses that require extension is called the 'professional'
method.

Giles

> From:          ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
> When I got into Macro a few years ago, I was in a dilemma between going with
> the 90mm or to go with the 65-116 Auto tube w/ macro lenses.  I noticed in OLY
> literature that OLY does not show on any of its charts where one should add
> extension to the 90mm to get to 1X mag. while they do for the 50 mm macros.  I
> was a little concerned with this so I decided to go with the auto tube and 135
> & 80mm macro lenses.  I am sure adding extension to the 90 mm works, I just
> wonder why OLY does not recommend it.
snip