Re: [OM] opinions and questions-which OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] opinions and questions-which OM?
From: Lars Bergquist <timberwolf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 19:18:07 +0000
Wrote Rob:

>I like the idea of the OM2N.    But the OM2S gives me a spot and program mode
>which could be useful.  (Does the OM2S "suffer" form electrical problems?).
>I doubt if I could afford a OM4.

Many OM2S do have problems on the circuit board. If you find one in
very good shape and if you can get enough time to test it thoroughly
(dependable shutter closure, Program mode working properly) it may be
OK. A good OM2n is a good camera, though because of the integral metering,
you will use it often on manual. A really good OM1n may be best. John
Hermansson can tell you where to find the adapters that let you power the
meter with 1.5 V silder-oxide cells instead of the 1.35 V mercury PX-625,
which is largely unobtainable now in most parts.

>Considering what I'm likely to use the camera for, is a OM practical?

Any camera that does what you want it to do and which agrees well with
you, is practical. I have made some of my best pics with a Zeiss Super
Ikonta medium-format folder of the 'fifties.

>Will I be able to shoot the kids/family indoors w/a flash?  Are the only
>flashes to fit a OM the T20 and T32?  Can you use a non-OM flash?

An OM1 takes any kind of flash of course. With some, you may not get
a ready light in the finder, but so what? Man, you could use it with
flash powder even!

Vänliga hälsningar/Best regards
Lars Bergquist
Välkommen till/Welcome to ...