Re: [OM] opinions and questions-which OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] opinions and questions-which OM?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 15:11:52 -0500
Hi Rob,

I like the OM-1's a lot. I like to use a tripod and lock up the mirror and
go for the Nth degree of crisp.

But I do now have an OM-2S too. It's great in auto (I still haven't shot
even one shot in program mode yet!) and works with my Vivitar 4600 and Oly
module to render almost flawless TTL flash. I guess one should be concerned
about the electronics going bad, and there has been much discussion of this
on the list from time to time, but a lot of people seem to have them and
they seem to keep working. I have a hypothesis that there were lemons in
the line, as there always are among electronic items, but that the good
working models now are burned in and durable. I have no basis for saying
this other than a perception of the number of people on the list that seem
to be using them without complaint or disappointment.

You get an extremely high percentage of acceptable shots in auto mode,
which is so useful when you are running trying to get pics of the kids.

Good luck with your decision.

Joel

At 12:37 PM 6/23/1998 EDT, you wrote:
>OM listers-
>
>I'm trying very hard to keep my buying a OM a non-emotional decision but that
>is becoming more difficult than I anticipated.  I handled a OM-1 yesterday at
>a local shop.  It felt very nice but it had a scratch on the prism.
Thought I