[OM] Olympus in Orkney

Subject: [OM] Olympus in Orkney
From: "John Gardner" <vu49@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 12:51:56 +0100
Hi all,

I've been back from the Orkney Islands (off Northen Scotland) for about two
weeks now. I spotted some other OM users on my travels - a colonial lady
from Montana toting an OM1 and at least a 50mm and 200mmf/4 (I saw her use
both these to shoot the Old Man of Hoy (rock formation) from the ferry),
three IS3000 users and someone - another Yank - carrying a very battered
Olympus ER case. I clocked this guy several times though I never saw the
contents of the case. Most other dudes were using C*n*n 500whatever plastic
jobs.

Despite the attrocious wet weather I did get some tasty snaps (on Sensia
II) of some of the standing stones, and particularly some B&W shots which
I've printed up to 15x12. Most often used lens was still the 35mm f/2.
Most of my wildlife shots were done on my (ahem!) N*k*n F4/600mm/300f2.8
combo apart from some shots of Scottish Primrose which I secured with the
50mm 3.5 macro. That is one tiny plant.

Regards

John.