Re: [OM] OM-2000 modification : I did it.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2000 modification : I did it.
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 20:10:43 GMT
Hello all, in particular John H. and Tomoko Y.

I made the modification needed to have the shutter being no longer
blocked by the winder switch in rest position.
I have never made any modification this easy, and what is more
important (warranty!) it is completely reversible.

You only need to deassemble the winder switch (by unscrewing the tiny
Phillips screw on the downside of the handle) and taking temporarily
away the next three parts lying around its axis.
Then the blocking ring is lying on top and the only thing I did was
turn it upside down, making sure that the little protuberance in the
ring which would normally shift under the shutter points to the back
rather than to the front (maybe I should say to eight o'clock instead
of ten o'clock)
After that you can reassemble the winder switch exactly as it was
before. The little protuberance now lies almost exactly under the
winder handle.
All it took was exactly three minutes... and now the OM2000 is free of
the annoying Nikon inherited eye-threatener. And it still has twelve
months of warranty - I didn't even have to open the camera body.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.