Re: [OM] FEAR of Cleaning - What's the solution?

Subject: Re: [OM] FEAR of Cleaning - What's the solution?
From: Foltz & Hogan <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:57:46 -0700
I'm really interested in this Opticlean colloidion product.  I called up
Samy's Camera
in LA but they had never heard of it.  I did have a nice chat with a sales
rep/photographer
who uses the microfiber cloths.  He said that he as several of them and uses
one
to clean film emulsions and another to clean camera lenses.
I asked him about cleaning the microfiber cloths and he said that he washes
them
in Woolite about once a year.

Hank

Ian M. Stewart wrote:

>  "Giles" said:
> > I have read in a news group that the 'best' lens cleaner is a
> > colloidion one called Opticlean.  Does anyone have any experiences
> > with this magical stuff?
>
> > Has anyone actually used Opticlean?  I gather it is quite expensive
> > but have never seen a figure mentioned.
> >
> > Anyone in the UK care to give them a ring and find out where it can be
> > obtained and the price?
> >
> >  Caliope Ltd.
> >  3 Marfleet Close
> >  Great Shelford
> >  Cambridge CB2 5LA
> >  United Kingdom
> >
> >  Phone: +41.(1)223.844.375
> >  Fax: +41.(1)223.844.414
>
> No reply on the telephone number again, and the fax number is now
> 'unobtainable'.  :-(
>
> --
>
> Ian  <IMS>
>                   OM Tyro - please point my lens in the right direction.
> mailto:ims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thomas "Hank" Hogan
Biologist, Photographer, Web Designer, UNIX - user
mailto:flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netcom.com/~flzhgn/indexc.htm