Re: [OM] OM-2000 modification : I did it.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2000 modification : I did it.
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 18:33:22 -0400
Sure, replacing the strap is okay, its a user part, but modiffying how the
camera operates, technically is tampering and voids the warranty.  You would
only get away with it if noone can tell that you did something.   Taking parts
off the camera that had been glued on, or screwed on, removing same to alter
the operation of the camera is tampering.
(There was no passage in the instruction book on how to disable the release
lock, right?)

I bet there was no real harm done, I'm just  looking at how a warranty station
might react.

John