Re: [OM]80 macro & theRain Forest

Subject: Re: [OM]80 macro & theRain Forest
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 09:22:37 -0400
Gary Reese <PCACala@xxxxxxx> remarked:

>I know of no optical difference between the two Zuiko models, except the
newer
>goes to a non utilizable f/32.  It appears that both were MC lenses,
despite
>the "sometimes" in:
>http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html
>(anyone ever see the earlier preset design without an MC on the barrel?)
>I've never used the preset (early) version.

My old preset design has "MC" on the barrel.

>This lens would be great for slide copying, although I haven't tried it yet
since the
>bellows never get high enough on my priority acquisition list.

I can't address your priority acquisition list, but I can say that the
80mm/bellows/slide copier attachment, with an OM-2 and a T-20 flash is a
great slide copy set-up.  If you need exacting color matching, eliminate the
flash, use Kodak's slide dupe film and a color enlarger head as a light
source.  Contrast control is always problematic, but can be addressed in a
variety of ways.