[OM] Any 4Ti's made with the high drain circuit?

Subject: [OM] Any 4Ti's made with the high drain circuit?
From: Kennedy <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 20:52:48 +0100
My OM-4Ti recently jammed so I put it in for service, and since it has
been there I have bought a used champagne finish replacement.  Out of
interest I measured the battery drain current on the champagne unit
after running a couple of test films through it.

Before doing this had understood that all of the Ti's had the low drain
circuit which pull's around a quarter of the 10uA standby current taken
by my OM-4 - the unit being serviced certainly did.  I was quite amazed
to find the current drawn by this Ti is exactly the same as my original
OM-4 which I measured again with the same meter just to be sure - both
around the 10uA mark.  The OM-4  definitely has the original circuit as
the batteries drain in a couple of months unless I take them out of
circuit by the trick I have described here a few times.  In the unit
being serviced they would last for a year or more, depending on use.

Anyone heard of a 4Ti with high drain circuits?  Seems unlikely to me,
since it has all the usual support for the F280 flash etc., which the
OM-4 doesn't have.  I guess this one might be well out of adjustment,
although the test films seemed fine.  Any ideas?
--
Kennedy
Python Philosophers         (replace 'nospam' with 'kennedym' when replying)