Re: [OM] Om3Ti - value?

Subject: Re: [OM] Om3Ti - value?
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 13:54:16 +0200
Kennedy wrote:

> In article , David Brown <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
> >Frank wrote:
> >
> >> A brand new OM-3Ti costs DM 2498,- (that's about $1400) at a German
> >> post-order company: http://www.wfv.de

> >Frank - this seems a good price (I am buying, not selling, BTW). Are there
> >any taxes to be added to this, or does this price include the dreaded VAT?

In Germany, where WFV is located, the seller has to include in the
price, all the extra expenses but shiping etc. It´s not legal to exclude
VAT, sales tax etc. from an offer directed to an consumer, it´s
different for dealers specialized to sell to profesionals.

> David,
>         VAT cannot be legally added to any second-hand sale.

In UK maybe, but not in Germany, VAT is included in all prices for goods
sold to consumer. That´s one of the reasons, why used goods dealer
prefer to sell the goods in commission of the original owner. If the
original owner is an privat person, no taxes are added.
The VAT (16% MWSt in Germany) is refundable if the buyer lives outside
the EC.

Richard