Re: [OM] Oly Lens Handbook sold on EBay

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly Lens Handbook sold on EBay
From: Brice1021@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 23:06:11 EDT
<snip>
Those of us with (or wanting) the "Olympus OM System Lens Handbook" might be
interested in knowing that a 1985 edition of the same just went for $66.75US
on EBay.  I think I found this for about $15 back in '86.
<snip>

I know a little about what happened...........

I learned of the Lens Handbook only last year and have been trying to get the
?85 edition.  So when I saw a pristine 1985 copy for sale on eBay, I went for
it.  I got caught up in a bidding war.  When I put in my bid, the current
price was $48.50.  I set my maximum at 65.75 figuring no one would ever bid
that high and I probably end up paying in the mid $50?s.    I was instantly
outbid.  I was totally shocked.  Regaining my sanity, I restrained myself
bidding again.  Whoever got it is a much more passionate Oly lover than I.
Sorry if I artificially inflated the asking price of the handbook.  I wonder
what the other guy?s maximum was........

Handbook-less in Illinois