Re: [OM] I'm back, a quick trip report...

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm back, a quick trip report...
From: "Andrew Wiese" <aw_oly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 05:20:37 PDT
Sean wrote:
>Out of five rolls of Reala and Royal Gold done at London Drugs 1 hour,
>about half of them in each roll went back for reprinting. >>

Denton concurred
>Don't you hate that???
>
>That's why I try to stick to chrome except for the ubiquitous family
shots.
>Nothing worse than carefully metering that sunset, only to have the
minilab
>operater give you high noon!

I use a pretty good lab for colour neg shots, but I always tell them
"leave the exposure alone", that way I decide for myself which ones I
fluffed but might be saved.

This lesson was learnt after I was testing a suspect flash sensor - it's
not much good trying to pick differences in f stop/flash power between
pics if the lab's helpfully evened it all out for you.

Regards

Andy