Re: [OM] Books with Pictures Shooting with OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Books with Pictures Shooting with OM
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 17:35:46 -0700
>For those who followed "Professionals using Olympus" thread about a month
>ago, you will find these two books interesting.
>
>I recently found "The Field Guide to Photographing Landscapes" & "The
>Field Guide to Photographing Flowers" in local library.  The books were
>published in 1995 by AMPHOTO.  The ISBN numbers are "0-8174-3871-8" &
>"0-8174-3870-X". Allen Rokach & Anne Millman show more than 250 color
>photographs in these two field guides.  Most pictures (more than 95%) were
>taken with Olympus cameras (mostly OM4-T, few IS-3) by Allen Rokach.  They
>briefly described shooting conditions (f stop & shutter speed) along with
>which Zuiko lenses Allen used for every shot.
>
>After seeing so many photography books filled with Nikon or Cannon
>pitcures, it is refeshing to read books with pitcures taken by a
>professional using Olympus.
>
>Best regards,
>
>TC

TC,

I remember seeing, several years ago, an article with many photos of
flowers about Allen Rokach. What amazed me then was that some of the macro
lens credits were either incorrect or for lenses not yet on the market. In
particular I remember 2 photos that were described as being taken by an
Olympus 200mm macro lens that, I suppose, never made it to market.

Did you note whether any of the lenses used were ones that have been
unavailable to the market?

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California