Re: [OM] OM4Ti meter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti meter
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 23:54:36 EDT
chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< . If they got the
 same result then this problem may be happen on some production batch of
 OM4Ti only and I am the unlucky one.C.H.Ling >>

Hi C.H.
I tried your test with my OM4T (Champaign 1884-87) and I got the same results
as you.  Auto = f 5 @ (1/4 sec +1/3 (one little bar)); set memory & fired.
The reading changed to 1/2 sec. = +1&1/3 stops.  Therefore I do not think this
is unique to 4Ti's.  Switching from Auto to manual gave the same reading as
before memory & fire (1/4 sec @f 5)
I think Franks explanation is reasonable and Gary Reese's concern on OTF
metering with various films is more of a problem than we realize.  As John H.
has indicated, it is not uncommon to see variations with OTF vs Manual
metering.
I guess the next procedure is to shoot some slides in both manual and auto and
SEE if this is a real problem.
BW