Re: [OM] OM4Ti meter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti meter
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 14:09:49 -0700
ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi C.H.
> I tried your test with my OM4T (Champaign 1884-87) and I got the same results
> as you.  Auto = f 5 @ (1/4 sec +1/3 (one little bar)); set memory & fired.
> The reading changed to 1/2 sec. = +1&1/3 stops.  Therefore I do not think this
> is unique to 4Ti's.  Switching from Auto to manual gave the same reading as
> before memory & fire (1/4 sec @f 5)
> I think Franks explanation is reasonable and Gary Reese's concern on OTF
> metering with various films is more of a problem than we realize.  As John H.
> has indicated, it is not uncommon to see variations with OTF vs Manual
> metering.
> I guess the next procedure is to shoot some slides in both manual and auto and
> SEE if this is a real problem.
> BW

Hi BW,

This is quite a complicated problem, I have tried the OTF flash, there
is no problem. As you can see my previous mail concerning the test on a
few different films, non of them shown exposed reading. But I do notice
some of my recent took Velvia (below 1/60s w/o flash) are over exposed.

If anyone own a OM2/2n you can also perform the same test, of course
there is no memory for the OM2 but I think all of you can distinguish
1/4s and 1/2s. I found such problem seems not exist on my OM2n. So the
problem may not be comming from the film.

C.H.Ling