Re: [OM] Books with Pictures Shooting with OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Books with Pictures Shooting with OM
From: fdayrit@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 06:03:31 -0400

*- DORIS FANG -* wrote:

>   I just checked out a copy of Rokach & Millman's "The Field Guide
> to Photographing Flowers". It is full of gorgeous images, mostly
> taken with OMs. It illustrates the effectiveness of the OM System
> and the fantastic quality of Zuiko lenses. BTW, I notice Mr. Rokach
> makes great use of the (reputedly so-so) 180mm in stunning close-up
> imagery, mostly using extension tubes.
>
>                                        *= Doris Fang =*

are you talking about the 180/2.8  here? now where did that so-so
designation come from? i have one and it is a great lens for those low
light situations and even for portraiture. my impression of the 180/2.8
was that it was an advanced design for it's time and still remains at
par with contmporary designs altho now there are a lot of APO designs
out there. just my two cents worth

francis