Re: [OM] Re: OM4-Ti meter

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM4-Ti meter
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:44:19 +0800

> This is what I think is happening so correct me and
> add bits that are missing.
>
> Auto-during exposure
>
> -Mirror is out of the way
> -Light hits the film and reflects

Below 1/60s reflect from film, above 1/60s reflect from shutter curtain.

> -The SBC photo cell reads the reflected light
>
> Auto-spot before exposure
>
> -Mirror is in the way
> -The mirror (half mirror) lets some light thru
> -The light reflects on the fresnel lens sub mirror
> -The SBC spot metering area reads the amount of light
>
> *Auto average before exposure

- Center weighted average
- light path same as auto-spot except wider coverage area.

> *Manual

- Same as "auto-average" before exposure, only display mode different.

> *Manual spot

- Same as "auto-spot", only display mode different.

> What is interesting is if somehow different amount of
> light can fall on the photo cell in the different
> modes.
> Or if some calculations are done so that the same amount
> of light gives different outputs in the finder.
>
> I would really like if the readings show exactly the
> same in auto/manual regardless of film used or any other
> settings.

My 4Ti get it if shutter speed above 1/60s. Below 1/60s, around 1 stop
over.

> And that OTF was used to correct for light changes that
> appear DURING the exposure.
> Or is this just some stupid idea I have ?

You are right, if shutter speed is below 1/60s, the shutter speed will
change with changing light.

> Best Regards
> Joakim Svensson

Welcome if someone found any addition or correction.

C.H.Ling