Re: [OM] 2X TC becomes a 26mm auto tube... :-)

Subject: Re: [OM] 2X TC becomes a 26mm auto tube... :-)
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 16:40:51 +0200
Shawn Wright wrote:

> Last night I successfully removed the lens elements from my Vivitar 2X TC to
> create an extension tube. I tried a few shots with my 35/2.8 and 85/2 and was
> quite pleased with the bright image in the finder. [...]

Hi Shawn,
that's a great idea. I have an old Vivitar 2xTC and I'm not too pleased
with it's optical performance. Maybe a 26mm auto tube could be it's
second career once I find a reasonably priced Zuiko 2xTC (or another
good one, any recommendations?).
However, if I took all the glass out, it's internal 'open diameter'
would be much smaller compared to the Olympus 14mm auto tube that I have
(ca. 28mm instead of 37mm in the original). Won't that create a problem?
What is the internal diameter in your DIY auto tube?

Soenke, Hamburg