Re: [OM] I'm back, rested, and ready to ramble!

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm back, rested, and ready to ramble!
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 08:50:56 -0800
On  2 Jul 98 at 8:17, Ken Norton wrote:

> >>btw, which screen is the 2-4 again? Is that the all-matte, or the
> crosshairs?
>

> All matte.  Only two 2-series screens are available:  2-13 (matte with
> microprism and split image), and 2-4 (all-matte with circle for indicating
> where the spot metering is).

Thanks, I've got the 2-13 and like it a lot. Two things I've noticed compared
to the 1-13 though: 1. I find the depth of field appears greater than it really
is, especially with the 85/2; also the bokeh shown on the screen is much
different than the final result;  2. Probably related to the above, I find it
difficult to achieve critical focus using the matte area alone. ie: If I focus
using the matte, then check it with the microprism, it is usually slightly off.
As a result, I use the prism much more than with the 1-13.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just my eyes? (I wear glasses for
distance, but not when shooting.)