Re: [OM] Re: OM4-Ti meter

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM4-Ti meter
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 09:45:03 -0700
> >In auto mode.
> >
> >- - the mirror up and SBC check for shutter curtain reflection.
> >- - if reading above 1/60s, computer fixed the shutter speed here.
> >
> >- - if reading below 1/60s, no value are set.
> >- - when shutter is FULLY OPEN, another value from film reflection are
> >checked.
> >- - film reflected light are accumulated and calculated by the computer,
> >when exposure is enough, computer send signal to close the second
> >curtain. (of course the computer should close the shutter a bit early to
> >take the curtain travelling speed into account.)
> >
> >I think the computer will not perform any measurement during blending of
> >film and shutter curtain. The above is what I think only, it may be
> >wrong. But this seems a more logical design.
> >
> No, the meter does blend the reading from blind to film - that's how it
> manages to respond to strobe lights, other photographers flashes etc.
> When the OTF system was introduced by Olympus on the OM-2 that was
> actually used on a few of their adverts for it.

> --
> Kennedy
> Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed;
> A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed.
> Python Philosophers         (replace 'nospam' with 'kennedym' when replying)

Hi Kennedy,

I don't know how it is related to flash photograph. Except for Super FP
flash, OM4/Ti is lock at 1/60s with T-series flashes attached. Flash
will emitte only when the shutter is fully open, nothing in between, not
during shutter curtain is travelling. My last mail was talking about the
blending of shutter curtain and flim not the blending of day light and
flash light.

C.H.Ling