[OM] Olympus camera on a microscope?

Subject: [OM] Olympus camera on a microscope?
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 15:27:07 -0400
I was just curious what Olympus has been up to in their business of
microscopy.  Probably I thought of this because I uploaded a graphic file on
the OM Photo-micro Group.  They look dated to me.

I have looked at several pages, but this page has a picture of a camera
being attached to the microscope IX70/50.

http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Microscope/ix70_50.html

Does anyone identify this camera?

On these Japanese pages there is a mention of a digital camera made for one
of the microscope systems.

The keyword on these pages is automation.  The manual OM system cameras
won't fit into this picture.  Thus the OM market is limited to photographers
unless Olympus can come up with a modular camera, which can adapt to more
than one Olympus markets.   I think this modular camera needs to accept a
digital back.

As it has become relatively easy to make a dye-sub print at home or a small
office, people would start looking for a digital camera to take snap shots
with.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx