Re: [OM] Which Flash?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which Flash?
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 23:04:51 -0400
Brian E. Robinson <ruckfogers@xxxxxxxx> asked:

>Is there an after-market flash comparable (or better than) the Olympus
>flashes?

Better than Olympus - you assuredly jest!

I have yearned for seriously powerful flash several times, only to be pulled
back to reality when I realize the stuff I shoot doesn't need it.  Ahhhhh,
the painful tug of equipment lust......

However, in these fitful moments, my research indicated two very good
alternatives, both of which I've seen in daily use by phototjournalist pals,
Metz and Sunpak.  Each manufacturer offers a range of models with differing
capabilities and price ranges.  Most models offer a dedicated module to
interface with the Oly TTL auto control, but no Super FP capability.

A quick search of informative web sites uncovered
http://www.tocad.com/sunpak.html.  Tocad America is a Sunpak distributor.
Bogen is the official distributor for Metz, more info can be found at
http://www.bogenphoto.com/webmetz.htm.  Happy hunting

John P