RE:[OM] Suffering for your Art

Subject: RE:[OM] Suffering for your Art
From: Kerry Dressler <bio-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 21:08:50 -0400
Warren Kato wrote:

>I sort of envisioned a Kathleen Turner (shy novelist turned photographer,
ala
>Romancing the Stone) with 2 OM4Tis around her neck with the 90/2 and 50/2
>macros and ring flashes sloshing through the jungle. Oh, well, I'm not
>MIchael Douglas either.

Well, if you think of Kathleen (older but wiser) on steroids..,
mathematician rather than novelist, all gear stored neatly in a well
traveled photobackpack.. then add the sloshing, muck, falling down
inclines.. you're not too far off..  And Michael Douglas doesn't do a THING
for me.

>Seriously, I love your tales about your adventures. I'm mostly stuck at my
>desk for most of the day. My male "hunting instincts" have been diverted
from
>photography in the wild to hunting for OM equipment (although this is not
>without its own pleasures).

It's funny, how they're not adventures at the time.. but on retrospect they
clean up pretty well.  When we're not "out" which is about 9 months a year,
I spend most of my time on my computer (as some may have noticed).  I won't
say it hasn't been fun, however. Thanks for the encouragement (as if I
needed any!!).
Kerry

PS:  Only the infamous "Knowledgable Mark" REALLY knows what I look like now.
If you want to see the "before pic" taken 20 years ago, go to my site!
I've decided to add an Ode to Olympus to it.. stay tuned.

        Kerry Dressler                        Email:  bio-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Bio-Photo Services, Inc.                http://www.bio-photo.com
        21305 NW 86th Ave                       TEL:   (352)466-4215
        Micanopy, FL 32667             FAX:  (352)466-3151