Re: [OM] New archive format, search coming soon...

Subject: Re: [OM] New archive format, search coming soon...
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 22:13:10 +0200
Shawn Wright wrote:

> Along the long road toward an Archive Search Engine, I must convert our
> existing digest archives to a more useful format. Today I've been fiddling
> with
> various options and have come up with the following, mostly borrowed from
> other lists:
>
> http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright/archives/1997_12/date1.html
>
> This link represents the earliest messages which I can easily import, as an
> example of what to expect. Many of the links do not work yet, most notably the
> Search link :-)
> But, if you browse around, I think you'll find the listings by Date, Thread
> and
> Author a big improvement over the current system.
>
> It takes quite a while to crunch all the messages, so I'd like to hear any
> feedback on format, etc., before proceeding with the remainder.
>
> Thanks.

Very neat, Shawn.

I like it very much. It looks functional and effective and I do not
have to download a lot of graphics.

I have no problem with my e-mail address being published, but Tomoko
has a valid point nontheless. Apart from the privacy issue, we have
to consider the spam problem.

Regards
Lars

--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> aka <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"