Re: [OM] Don't mean to start a fight... BUT...

Subject: Re: [OM] Don't mean to start a fight... BUT...
From: The Family <fotolady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 09:21:19 -0400
At 05:47 PM 7/6/98, you wrote:
>What film is used the most by the members of this list? >What do you use?

When I'm paying for it: Fuji 800 All moving subjects
                        Fuji Superia 400 (for the XA)
                        Fuji 100 Vacation Landscapes
                        T-Max 100/400   B&W
                        Ilford SFX 200 for IR  (no more K*dak)

The Olympus daughter <-(makes me proud) shoots all Kodak Gold.  One day we
each shot both Fuji and Kodak in each of our cameras (20 rolls) at the same
location and time.  All the films were developed by the same processer.
Neither of us could tell the difference between the brands.  My wife is the
best at these comparisons and she also couldn't see a difference. Lens
differences were obvious, but not color or sharpness with the same setup.

Some recent Gold Max (more consistant than the early Max) seems to be very
close to G-800.  The differences seem to vanish in strong/hard light.

Note: Many developers have provided a nice(ugly) blue-green tint to Fuji
print film  over the years but we never see that from the big labs.  We've
stopped doing  emergency vacation developing at Walgreen's 1-hour service.
The Blu-Grn tint shows up 500f the time, nationwide.  Funny thing, they
are dead on with Kodak developed at the same time.

Jim, with Barb and a family full of OM shooters.