Re: [OM] Refrigerate Film?

Subject: Re: [OM] Refrigerate Film?
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 00:01:16 -0400
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 21:07:57 CDT you write:
>Put it in the freezer and use it for many years! Just be sure to take it out o
>f the cannister top warm up
>before using. We usually allow 30 minutes. Paul.

Paul, this is totally wrong.  Film is packed in dry air.  If you freeze
it, you really need to leave it in the container until it has thawed, so
that condensation doesn't form on the film inside.  If you plan on
freezing film, the canister should not be opened until the film has had
time to reach room temp.

Cheers,
--Lee