Re: [OM] OM-1 Batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 Batteries
From: Bruce Miller <bfmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 07:58:34 -0700
Greg Heier wrote:

> Has anyone used the Zinc-Air 1.35 volt PX 625 replacements? Seems like they
> should work, apparently they're intended for replacement of the mercury
> batteries in devices that were dependant on the voltage being exact. This
> would seem to be a much less expensive alternative than adapting the camera
> to take 325s.

I have used the zink/air battery marketed by Wein for some time in
various old cameras I use.  They are easy to find here in the Seattle
camera stores, and they seem to work fine in my equipment.  I keep a few
on hand just in case they go bad, but I don't notice that they go bad
particularly quickly.  (I change the batteries in my OM-4 a lot more
often than I do in my OM-1.)  The Wein zinc/air cells claim to have a
10-year shelf life, so I don't mind buying a bunch to keep on hand.

Bruce Miller