Re: [OM] Questions, questions...

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions, questions...
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 19:28:56 +0200
John Petrush wrote:

> sorry, but I just can't help much on glass - I too would like to know more
> about that.  All I know for sure is when the glass is special enough to get
> an acronym, the price of the lens in question goes **way** up.

Hey Olympians! We are two now, who wants to know more about ED and UD glasses.
Anyone got an interesting site to tell? Or any information at all?

Then Foxy wrote in another thread:

> I thought the normal lens just extended. Put a 300mm on a 25mm tube
> (focussed at infinity), or wind it out 25mm, same result.
>
> Internal focussing move elements and can focus closer (generally), but they
> reduce their focal length. This isn't a problem for most situations, but
> once you focus closer and on small things the focal length reduction becomes
> greater. Or so I'm told.

I guess internal focus is a newer design than "normal lens focusing", if so they
must have developed it to give lenses improvement. Now, how much better in
performance is an IF lens compared to a "normal"?Just curious.

Thanks, both!

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen