Re: [OM] OM-1 Batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 Batteries
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 19:42:08 GMT
Don't use zinc-oxides unless you can't find anything else.
The have a very short life-time, compared to mercury cells.

I don't remember if I did mention a trick of mine to the list.

I always have some half-empty silver-dioxide cells which haven't
enough energy left to power my OM-4T.

They are often good enough to have a second life in one of the OM1's,
still capable of producing the small currents asked by the meter
circuit at the proper voltage of about 1.35...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.