Re: [OM] How many exposures?

Subject: Re: [OM] How many exposures?
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 22:46:51 +0200
Ulf Westerberg wrote:

> Hi all Olympioits
>
> Just found out that NIkon recommends a shutter change on the F5 after 80000
> exposures. Is my suspicion right that an OM-camera will exceed this number??
> Albeit with more adjustments on the cloth design than the moder high-speed
> metal? And how about differences between mechanical (OM1, OM3) and
> electronic (OM2, OM4)?
>
> I bet someones got an opinion and perhaps experiences of this? John H?
>
> Cheers
> Ulf Westerberg

Hej Ulf,

I seem to remember that Olympus boasted a shutter lifespan of
100000 exposures when the OM1 was introduced. I do not think
they said anything about how much servicing would be needed.
Also the danish photo magazine "Foto film & video" had a short
article on a photographer crossing the 100k line with his OM1
some years ago. He used the OM1 to take photos of the pulse
counters used for telephone accounting. Phone switches used to
have a mechanical counter for each customer, so even with several
counters in one picture it became a lot of exposures.

I can try to find the magazine and scan the article (in danish),
if anyone is really interested. I know it is somwhere within
5 meters from where I sit right now. But so is an awful lot of
other stuff... :-(

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> aka <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"