Re: [OM] Provia vs Sensia (Was) Don't mean to start a fight... BUT...

Subject: Re: [OM] Provia vs Sensia (Was) Don't mean to start a fight... BUT...
From: "John Gardner" <vu49@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 12:55:09 +0100
David Brown wrote:

> >> What film is used the most by the members of this list?
>
> Fuji Velvia
> Fuji Provia

David et al,

I used to be entirely Provia 100 for times when Velvia wasn't fast enough.
Its very sharp, punchy and pushes to 200asa very easily with no loss of
quality. However, at least in the UK, Provia is *very* expensive. A friend
of mine whose a pro photographer uses Sensia 100 and was told by the Fuji
rep that Provia and Sensia are exactly the same emulsion, Provia is simply
matured before retail.

Try the Sensia, you'll be pleased with it. I made the switch and love it
just as much as Provia and its at least half the price (David, buy it in
bulk from Mailshots on 01782 746909).

John.