Re: [OM] Stones pictures: sOMe girls like it hot...

Subject: Re: [OM] Stones pictures: sOMe girls like it hot...
From: Siri Bjoner <sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 01:39:42 +0200
> act.  They still had inputs left over.  Today, that same Stones song is
> mixed on two 72 channel mixing boards with routing switchers and full
> automation and there are only a handful of B-input channels left over.
> Sound systems have gone from 50,000 watts to 2,000,000 watts with multizone
> control and audio "steering."  It isn't a matter that the concert was LOUD,
> but it has to be loud 20 Hz to 20 kHz and in stereo in every seat in the
> stadium.
plus the fact that the stones have pre-recorded most of their gig - and
ozzy (recently on tour with black sabbath) didn`t even sing, they`ve found
a guy with exactly the same voice. great job, pretending to be ozzy
backstage!!! ;-)

i`ve done a fair bit of concert photography. most times it`s the record
companies being grumpy; i was refused a pass for nick cave & the bad seeds
in ´94 (only 3 press passes!!!) at a venue in oslo, but when they played
the quartfestival in ´96 there were no restrictions. (i was also working at
the press office daytime so got passes no probs... ;-) i was lucky enough
to chat to one of the band later on, they said they had no control over
that sort of stuff and the only thing they hated was flash photography (and
we don`t use that sort, do we???) and this does seem to be the general
consensus. of course, there are some primadonna "superstars" who do their
best to evade any camera; but i have never heard of an artist that flat out
refuses photography.

basically, the bigger the record company, the more pain in the a** to get a
pass. fish (from marillion) has played oslo 4 times in as many years and i
never had a prob with them. on an alternative label, of course.

ob. oly content: last year at the q-festival my asa went haywire during
*the* most important gig. *sigh*

yes, i can understand the need for press passes and stuff, but the fact
that those from the press who shoot for media more often than not won´t
sell their stuff to "fans" (at least here in norway) gives me good enough
reason to not worry about breaking any "laws".

last show i shot was ... ummm ... moke, who supported senser in may. i
needed to test out kodak ir w/stage smoke and tungsten lighting and they
were the perfect opportunity.... ;-D

siri

mailto:sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx fone: +47 9010 4635 fax: +47 9030 6420