Re: [OM] OM-1 Batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 Batteries
From: "lion1" <c1000s@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:06:44 -0500
<John Hermanson wrote

They may have just put a resistor in to drop the 1.55v to 1.35v.  The big
problem with the 625A and 625U battery is that as soon as you start to use
it,
the voltage starts to drop.
I don't modify the 1 for the alkaline battery anymore as it is unreliable.
I DO
modify the camera to take the STABLE 1.5V silver oxide battery.  I  also
modify
the circuit to drop the voltage to 1.35V.
It is possible that the OM-2 meter is off (they tend to read about a half
stop
high).  You must use silver oxide batteries with the 2 .  Alkaline or
lithium
batteries create an error of up to 3 stops.>

Thanks John,
This is very useful info., I will keep it in mind when I need service again.
[Another 20 Yrs.?]
In the OM2 I have epx76.  I use it mostly with the T32 off camera.  The
exposures are
beautiful.

Charlie Loeven
Largo Florida