Re: [OM] more on snakes etc (ZERO OM content)

Subject: Re: [OM] more on snakes etc (ZERO OM content)
From: Kerry Dressler <bio-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 21:47:53 -0400
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ulf Westerberg wrote:

>Here in Scania we have some pretty exotic and beautiful frog species, in
>fact just around my corner, not to be found in any other part of Sweden.
>Here they are also VERY rapidly declining in numbers. It's so sad, really.
>Things to blame are modern agriculture, lack of horses and cattle that will

>eat low vegetation and lack of marshes.
>Sorry for the non-Oly content
>Used-to-be Snake charmer (Boa constrictor)
>Ulf Westerberg

For anyone wanting more info about the declining populations of amphibians
(no, it's NOT our imaginations) there is a newsletter published by the
IUCN/SSC Declining Amphibian Populations Task Force - a group of scientists
around the world studying this phenomenon.  It is not restricted to any one
area of the world.  The Newsletter is called:  FROGLOG .  It is available
on the WWW at:  http://acs-info.open.ac.uk/info/newsletters/FROGLOG.html
or contact:

John W. Wilkinson
Department of Biology,
The Open University,
Walton Hall,
Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA
United Kingdom

I've gotten their newsletter for several years and send them info on the
state of Florida's fauna as I come across it.

My apologies, also, for the lack of OM content.
Kerry

        Kerry Dressler                        Email:  bio-photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Bio-Photo Services, Inc.                http://www.bio-photo.com
        21305 NW 86th Ave                       TEL:   (352)466-4215
        Micanopy, FL 32667             FAX:  (352)466-3151