[OM] My Rebuttal to a Full Frontal Assault...

Subject: [OM] My Rebuttal to a Full Frontal Assault...
From: ruckfogers@xxxxxxxx (Brian E. Robinson)
Date: 9 Jul 98 19:36
WARNING: No OM Content. Please skip this if you are just here for fun...

My response:

>> Brian, with all due respect, I'm a bit puzzled. You had surfaced on
this list a few short weeks ago... <<

You are more than puzzled, you are ignorant of the facts. I joined this
list only six days ago:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FORWARDED MESSAGE - Orig: Jul. 03, 1998
Subject: Welcome to olympus
   From: Majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     To: ruckfogers@xxxxxxxx

[SNIP]

>> ...asked almost any conceivable trivia question (film, filters,
batteries -- you name it) <<

Please feel free to put me in your twit filter as I have done you. I
have asked what is important to me -- and since it always started a long
exchange of correspondence -- to others as well. I have not used this
list to talk about snakes, sell my wares, or waste other's time by
attacking fellow hobbiests in public.

>> ...and got plenty of good, solid advice absolutely free of charge
(admittedly, not from me, but then -- thank God, I don't teach freshman
courses anymore :-)). <<

Low blow. And the smile doesn't make it better.

>> However, when comes the time to spend your hard-earned $$$'s, you
randomly(?) pick the least reputable photo mail-order stinkhole on the
Planet, and almost get burned. All this -- without as much as giving
anyone in this forum the chance to help you out with your OM needs, or
at least to point you in the right direction. <<

First off, I don't owe it to you to ask permission of where I can or
cannot spend my money. Secondly, I purchased (or thought I purchase) the
lens from Smile on Thursday, July 2, 1998. I joined this group on July
3, 1998 -- the day after I made my purchase. Have you come down off your
high horse yet?

>> Now, pls, pls convince me why should anyone around here ever again
take YOU seriously, or give YOU a second chance. <<

If you and yours wish to crucify me for something I have not done then I
am in good company. Judge me by the enemies I make. I have done nothing
wrong here. I joined this group looking for comradary and advice. I've
participated in this group for several days. And in less than a week you
have managed to fabricate lies and reasons to attack me blind side
without provocation.   >> Mildly pissed off... <<

Poor boy. NEXT:

>> Hi Gary, I could not agree with you more!  There are few things that
ruffle my feathers.  BIG MOUTHS & FILTHY LANGUAGE in public are two on
the top  of my list.  Thus the reason for my non participation in his
'What film do you use, Kodak is CRAP" and others. <<

I have never said Kodak is crap. What I said was: "But frankly I haven't
touched Fuji since a vacation three years ago when I shot Kodak and Fuji
side by side and the Fuji looked like crap. Perhaps it was the photo
shop I went to but I blamed it on Fuji." I expressed my thought and even
gave an alternative reason for my thought (the photo shop). The whole
reason for the question was to find out if I drew the wrong conclusion.
Frankly, a majority of the people in this group use Fuji which is why I
went out and bought a roll during lunch.  >> I think my mother would
love to wash his mouth out with soap and my father would give him a back
hand across his "smart" lips. Obviously a little more than "Mildly." <<

I feel for you. My mother and father loved me and I never grew up in
fear of torture or bodily harm.

>> (Caveat: details below may not be exact, but jist is accurate) <<

Reminds me of the line by the indian in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest:
"Every thing that I am about to say is the truth. Even if it didn't
happen." The indian was insane.

>> I answered his question best I could and then said that I had a few
used Oly items I'd be selling soon and to let me know if he was
interested.  Well, I never got ANY reply from him. <<

"Only the shadow knows. brian, you don't know me from jack or adam. calm
yourself and olympus lenses are available to you for a price new and
used mostly the latter. the 24-48 is a joke so if you want to buy it go
ahead. don't be shocked look out over the net you'll find what your
looking for! fg"

I apologize to you. I don't reply to everyone that send me mail and not
everyone replies to me when I send them mail. I took your comments into
account when I placed my order to Olympus Dude for a different lens. I
possibly would have responded to you in the future but since you have
joined the lynch mob you can probably forget that...

By the way, if your posse wants to hang me for my Fuji comment then I
shudder to think what they will do to you for your blasphemy of original
Olympus equipment.

!^NavFont02F0E7B0004HU7B73E1

--
PoSTeD 07/09/98 aT 19:36 PST uSiNG OUI Internet Mail 1.9 Beta 1
MY CReDeNTiaLS: "GoD HaTH CHoSeN THe FooLiSH THiNGS oF THe WoRLD To CoNFouND