Re: [OM] Freezer Film!

Subject: Re: [OM] Freezer Film!
From: Paul Van Tuyl <olympusguy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 21:41:15 -0500
Denton Taylor wrote:

> >>We sell to a bunch of wedding photographers and serious amateurs who buy
> 50 to 100 rolls from us at a time.
>
> It was unanimous, no one leaves the film in the cannister to warm up.
> Most take the film out of the cannister and throw it into their
> equipment bag right away to be ready to shoot as the situation dictates.
> Most everyone's comment was, does someone actually leave it in the can?
> Next time look inside the cannister and see the moisture that collectsd
> there>>
>
> I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
>
> What can one think of wedding photographers who buy past-dated film?
>
> Regards,
>
> Denton Taylor

It is a common practice given the unreasonable cost of would be fresh
film! I have one guy in particular that says he gets better color
saturation with expired film! After all nothing magic happens at
midnight of the last day of the month of the expiration date.

I talk to film reps too. They find the expiration date a humorous thing.
Like you don't suppose it could possibly be a marketing tool do you? Of
course in all seriousness you gotta try it for yourself and compare
results. Paul.