Re: [OM] OM5

Subject: Re: [OM] OM5
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 21:26:14 -0800
David Brown wrote:

[snip]
>Olympus's Ian Dickens told AP: "There is this mythical OM5, but
>I can tell you it's not likely".

Am I the only one to notice how apt this Olympus rep's name is?
Grandpa Charles would be most proud of the bleak picture this
fella painted for us.

Sadly, Mr. Dickens may be right.  Contrary to our hopes and
dreams, the OM2000's apparent market success may actually work
against the introduction of either a new mid-priced replacement
body (in the spirit of OM-2S), or a new high-end body (the
mythical OM-5).  Instead, Olympus may opt to expand the OM2000
into a family of outsourced, low-priced mass-market products,
maybe adding another lens or two.

Oh well, let's hope that AP's cautiously optimistic crystal ball
is far more accurate than mine.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA