Re: [OM] Questions, questions...

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions, questions...
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 22:33:51 +0000
The Zuiko 180mm f2, 250mm f2 and 350mm f2.8 are all IF lenses - their
performance does not suffer as a result.

I think you are probably mostly correct in your reasoning as to why
they are IF.  Their ellements are quite weighty and they would be
difficult to focus as a consequence were they not IF.

Giles

snip
> My impression was that IF lenses arose out of the need to reduce to size
> and load on the tiny motors for autofocussing cameras and lenses. It did
> not have_anything_ to do with an inherent superiority of one system to
> produce an excellent image at the film plane
snip