Re: [OM] Freezer Film!

Subject: Re: [OM] Freezer Film!
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 06:38:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, gma wrote:

|Donald Reichle wrote:
|
|> This finally drove me to give up my "Lurker" status.  My name is Don
|> Reichle and I am from Maryland.  I have film in my freezer that is up to
|> 17 years old.
|
|So you're a wedding photographer? <g>

The film expiration date refers to its shelf life in
'standard'  cool room conditions.  When you utilize afreezer
for film storage, you are effectively extending the
expiration date.  I, too, have maintained film for years in
my freezer.  Furthermore, I recall a story of black & white
film being found perfectly preserved in the frozen Siberia
tundra.