Re: [OM] Re: Why Oly is in a hole

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Why Oly is in a hole
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 23:31:47 +0800
> Actually I find this encouraging.  The whole industry is clearly moving
> toward digital. I have and use an Oly D300L digital P&S and a somewhat
> low-end digital darkroom with limited scanning capabilities and
PhotoShop.
> There are some real advantages to digital that we have probably hashed
over
> a dozen times.  I believe Olympus can be a leader in both.  Look a Sinar.
> Through partnerships with Leaf and others, they have an excellent lineup
in
> the LF world.  Oly could do the same.  Besides, the 600L is a neat camera
> :-)
>
> John P

John, I agree with you, digital is the right way to go. I am waiting for an
OM digital back that can be used on OM cameras or a digital OM camera that
can use all OM lenses and accessories.

I have tried some slides and negatives output with my film recorder. The
result was very nice even some of the shoots were scanned at only 1265x835
pixels. The resolution of D600L is 1280x1024, it means the output from this
camera will also be very nice. For 5x3.5" prints you can hardly tell
whether they are shot from camera (of course with a closer look, you will
notice a bit poorer resolution, but edges are extremely smooth.)

C.H.Ling
Accura Digital Imaging
http://www.glink.net.hk/~chling