Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 70-210 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 70-210 lens
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 21:09:14 -0800
Steve Goss wrote:

>Saw this zoom at a pawn shop yesterday.  I don't know what shape the glass
>is in, but they want $149.50 (us) for it.  Is this a decent price?

Not for a pawn, IMHO.  After all, you get no service like in a camera
store.  This particular lens was made in 4 diff. versions, each one by
a different manufacturer. Versions #2 and #3, both with a 62mm filter
size, are considered the best. The price would be reasonable for either
of these two in near-mint condition, if purchased from a camera store,
or from a reputable dealer who offers a tryout period and a money back
guarantee.

>they also had two OM10's, for $129 and $149.  One strange thing:
>the cheaper one was the only one of the two with the manual adapter.

Oh, the mysteries of pawnshop pricing!  Were they in similar condition?

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx