[OM] Lassen Park report

Subject: [OM] Lassen Park report
From: "Dr. Matthew J. Cordery" <cordery1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 08:57:10 -0700
For those of you interested in nature photography, I can highly recommend
going to Lassen Park in Northern California right now. Despite the fact
that all but two of the campgrounds are closed (snowed under) and the trail
to the summit is closed (no problem for those of us with the right gear)
it's still worth the trip. Manzanita Campground is open as is crags. I can
tell you that I was practically tripping over deer and, at times, they were
walking up to me simply so that I could trip over them (well, I might be
exaggerating here but if you move slowly and let them get used to you they
won't dart away). I saw several does with fawns while I was set up to shoot
something else (of course). Just hang around Manzanita Lake and they'll
come to you. Best time is the morning at dusk. Because of the persistent
high pressure system that hangs around CA during the summer, don't hope for
nice clouds in your sunset shots.
Matthew

Dr. Matthew J. Cordery                     cordery1@xxxxxxxx
Environmental Computer Applications Div.   (925) 423-6858
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
L206
P.O. Box 808
Livermore, CA 94550

A bad day in the mountains is better than a good day at work.