Re: [OM] source for 82mm lens hood..help

Subject: Re: [OM] source for 82mm lens hood..help
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 14:01:16 -0800
Jim, Barbara and 7 OM users in Wilmington, DE wrote:

>Still searching for a source of 82mm lens hoods, screw-in type, new or used
>and  wide angle or normal type for the B&W-dedicated OMPC.
>We will appreciate any lead.

Ok, here are a few pointers.

For telephoto lenses, the Tamron SP 500/f8 mirror lens hood should
work fine. It's often available used, and a new one can be ordered
from Tamron/Bronica USA. They are located on Long Island (Farmingdale?)
(Tamron's 17mm lens also takes 82mm filters, but I'm not sure whether
the lens hood is screw-in or bayonet.  Also, check with them for
hoods from the Bronica-Zenzanon 6x7 lenses).

Vivitar used to make a 17mm F3.8 lens which took 82mm filters. They
may still have lens hoods for this long discontinued lens. Vivitar is
in So. Calif. (Newbury Park, area code 805, should have an 800-number).

If my memory doesn't betray me, most of the lenses in Fujica's GX-680
medium format system have 82mm filter threads, and so there should be
quite a selection of suitable lens hoods. Fuji's HQs are somewhere in
Northern NJ (AFAIK).

Finally, I hope you're not planning on buying a Zuiko 600mm F6.5
really soon, as this may force you to move to a 100mm filter size
(Ouch!!!)

Good luck,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA