Re: [OM] Velvia speed

Subject: Re: [OM] Velvia speed
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:23:37 -0500
The 8x10's are printed on a high-end Kodak dyesub printer that puts a
"100-year" (ya right), UV coating on it.  Without a BIG magnifying glass you
can't tell the difference from a silver-based print.  My eyesight is excellent
closeup and I find these prints to be exceptional.  I use these prints for
personal portfolio, individual print sales (usually right from the portfolio),
and wedding reprints requiring touchups.  At $10 USD each, I try to keep them
to a minimum.  It's usually cheaper to have an interneg made and a color print
made from that.  (Interneg is $4 and an 8x10 is $3).

Ken N.

John wrote:
    Do you mean prints you are selling commercially? Just curious which printer
you're using? Does the quality match silver based prints and are there any
concerns about longevity of the image?