Re: [OM] One big happy family...

Subject: Re: [OM] One big happy family...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 18:09:29 -0700
>The last week or so there has been a lot of tension on this list, for some
>unknown reason.
>
>But, in each case, the issue which set off a flurry of heated posts, has
>quickly blown over, and in retrospect seems rather trivial. So what gives?
>Are
>we not getting enough of an OM fix? (I know I'm not, the blasted rain comes
>every weekend, then magically leaves Sunday night.)
>
>Anyway, Lee said the following timely words which we should all think ponder
>for a moment: (censored in keeping with our new family language policy ;-)
>
>"Now, let's go back to being one big happy family, d*mm*t! :) "
>
>Have a good week.
>
>========================
>Shawn Wright
>Computer Systems Manager
>Shawnigan Lake School
>250-743-6240
>swright@xxxxxxxxx

Hope its ok to tag on here...

One of the things that seems to make these tiffs into soap operas are the
people who seem to catch up on a week's mail at a time and do not pay any
attention to the dates of the mail they are replying to. So the situation
seems to be that there is a short spat, it dies off, and then is revived
again, and again, again as people send in emotional responses and take
sides on things that happened and were forgotten a week before.

Just a suggestion, if you are replying to old mail, check the current stuff
for the same thread to see whether anyone is interested anymore. Chances
are they are not, especially if it takes the form of another, 'I agree that
person A is a rotten person for saying that' in a long stream of similar
sentiments, beating the proverbial dead horse.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx