Re: [OM] Let There Be Light!? Portable Light Reflectors??

Subject: Re: [OM] Let There Be Light!? Portable Light Reflectors??
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 21:58:38 EDT
Hi Robert,
I bought a couple of the "Photoflex - Lite Disc" a few months ago.  They are
about 12 inches in diameter and fold down (twist into a figure 8) and fit in a
zippered pouch only 6 inches wide.  One is translucent and the other is
silver/white.  They also make a gold/White that I plan on getting later.  They
are only $20.00 US.  I bought them to use in close-up photos, and so far I am
pleased.  John Shaw discusses this method in his tape in Advanced close-ups.
I would highly recommend them.
BW

In a message dated 7/12/98 8:58:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rbund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes
<< Hi All,
 No, I'm not an evangelist.
 Does any anyone have experience with the new highly portable (and
 very lightweight) reflector kits?  I have two distinct
 functions in mind:
         1.) Better Illumination for Outdoor Macro Photography
         2.) Shadow reduction and over-all better lighting when
         shooting one or two people (with or without an interesting
        background).
 Specific recommendations about equipment (stressing low weight,
 ease in handling - portability, and low cost) would be appreciated.
 What works for you?  Any ideas/recommendations (detailed if possible)
 relating to technique are welcome.  Hopefully, information relating
 to this topic will have broad appeal to list members.
 I could use zero, one or two T32 flashes - the fewer the better.
 Thanks Very Much,
 -Bob- >>